Thursday, August 14, 2008

In praise of the Sell-it Centre

There is an old mill in Halifax which houses tons of second-hand stuff for sale. It's often the first place I look when we need something. Recently we bought a bike for Lyddie - perfect size, including stabilisers - for £12.50. And a video recorder for about £10. Over the years I've bought washing machines and cookers from there and even taps and tools. It's a fabulous place: you never know what you might find when you visit. Last year there was a mangle that I desperately wanted for our off-grid project, but it sold before I'd saved up for it. I'm still on the look-out for one though.


















I was just Googling to see if there was a website for the Sell-It Centre and found something better instead: this cheesy promo on YouTube! Classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home